Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Favorite Song

One of my FAVORITE songs ever is "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham. If you're one of the few people that actually read my blog, you probably know this one. I literally will just get in some strange mood where I really want to listen to this song. I was thinking today, as I was listening to the song, "what makes it so great?" And I think its because this song just addresses so many aspects of a real relationship with God.



The first verse just praises God for all He is. His grace, beauty, glory. All are there and the song is just saying that these aspects all consume my life. They're "all I see." And I really love when it says that "In your presence God, I'm completely satisfied." I mean yea. For me at least, its one of the most satisfying feelings to be totally immersed in God. To be totally immersed in His presence or totally immersed in awe and worship of who Him and His awesome character. You just don't get much better than that.



The chorus, of course, is just full on worship. I just really love the whole "divine romance" concept. Its such a great way to look at your relationship with God. A romance is defined by love. It's not defined by doing things for another though, which is a concept a lot of people have (maybe unknowingly). My small group at BCM is reading through Crazy Love by Francis Chan and one topic he addressed in our chapter for this week was: do you love God...or do you love the idea of God. The fact that God is saving you from eternal hell. Do you genuinely love Him for who He is? His very character? Put it this way. Take away all the heavy stuff like heaven and hell. There's just this God who loves you more than you can comprehend but He's not necessarily saving you from anything. Do you still love Him? Do you still want to keep His commandments if there are no punishments? It's tough to think of it that way. But His relationship with us should be based on His love for us and we should attempt to love Him as well. It's not based on "Hey what can God do for me today?" I totally just went off on a huge tangent and I appologize. It was not intended for this post.



Anyway, so the last verse is basically the gospel contained in 3 lines. He talks about an ocean of love flowing from God and how Jesus's innocent blood has cleaned our lives. I just love this song. Covers so many things. I think I'll post a video. Yea I'll do that. Here you go :]

Okay it wouldn't let me post a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeTzIuZr0wI

See if the link works :]

No comments: