Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tim Tebow

Heisman trophy winner, quarterback for the Florida Gators. Up until tonight, while watching the Florida game with my parents, I'd never heard of him. But if you watch him awhile, it doesn't take long to see that he is really good. :] Anyways, my mom starts telling me about how faithful he is and that he keeps his focus on God even through all of his fame and awards. He only sees football as a gateway to reaching others for Christ who otherwise wouldn't listen to him except for the fact that he plays. For example, he goes around speaking to many prisons on his faith and talks to high schoolers about it as well.

He always keeps the verse Proverbs 27:2 in mind which states "Let another man praise thee and not thine own mouth, a stranger and not thine own lips," to keep him humble and keep his focus where it should be. Every summer he goes to the Philippines with his family to lead evangelistic crusades and minister to orphanages. His only goal through his football playing is to use his talents to reach others for Christ. He truly believes that God gave him those talents for a reason and he constantly looks for opportunities and ways to serve. I applaud him for that. It takes a lot boldness in your faith to stand up in the spotlight of our society like that for God. It takes a lot of faith to stay humble and discipline yourself in the face of adversity. It takes a lot of faith to stay so grounded when all eyes are on you. So just figured I'd write what I thought. I think he has a strong ministry before him. :)

No comments: