Monday, June 1, 2009

Peru Post 6

5/24/09

K.  I'm home now and exhausted.  So Saturday, I got up early and went to Starbucks with some people and then everyone went to the Inka Market which was AWESOME!  I loved it!  Everything was super cheap and you could bargain with the vendors.  So fun!  I bought so much stuff.  My North Face backpack was totally full. After that we ate lunch and went to the beach which was a lot of fun!  But you had to go down 220 steps (very steep I might add) to get down to the actual water.  We then went out on some rocks that stretched out into the ocean.  About the time we started to take pictures out there, the Pacific Ocean decided to give us some BIG waves.  Guess it thought it would look cooler.  These waves aren't like HUGE but they're definitely the biggest waves I've ever seen.  I'm pretty sure we got some cool pictures though...even though half of us were soaked by the time we left.  So then we went back to the hotel (even though we'd already checked out) and just hung out in the lobby until time to leave.

Later that night, Mrs. Angie came and saw me!  I got to sit and talk to her for awhile.  It was pretty great.  I enjoyed seeing her.  And she also told me I could come see her in the jungle next time I went to Peru.  I would sooooo love to go!   

Then we left for our plane and here I am about 30 hours later.  I think its bedtime for me.  I process things slowly so I'll probably write more "profound" things later on.  This concludes my Peru trip '09.  :]

No comments: